6/13/10

Sex and the City 2

Confession: I went to see the new Sex and the City movie last week, and I'm so glad that I did. Not because the movie was so fantastic, but because it offered so much interior design eye candy. Lydia Marks was the set designer for both SATC movies and I'm hoping a third movie comes out just so I can see what she comes up with next! Carrie's new apartment with Big perfectly describes the hip Manhattan couple striving for a lot of style and just a little comfort. I especially love the glowing, blue Heath tile backsplash in Carrie's kitchen. While it's a beautiful tile in person, Ms. Marks chose it specifically because of how well it photographs.
But there's more going on here than just beautiful finishes and gorgeous sculptural furniture. Many aspects of the apartment are directly linked to the script and designed to help fans understand Carrie's story on a deeper level.
This blue ottoman deliberately alludes to the electric blue walls of Carrie's old apartment and was chosen specifically for the moment in the script when Carrie reconciles her old single self with her new life as a wife.

To see more awesome movie sets, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Never noticed that blue tile backsplash, but its gorgeous. what color/kind of paint is the electric blue in her old apt? I love it with the white accents. Looks really fresh and clean.

    ReplyDelete